When you book directly with us
(on this website or by telephone), you are our priority and we offer you special direct booker privileges (click here). Telephone 9am-8pm: 0800 88 77 62.
To see availability and book directly:
1. In the green titled booking wizard below, please enter your arrival date and number of people and press the SEARCH button. The best rates available for your start date will be shown under the Deals tab, and a full overview of availability shows in the Availability tab.
2. Next press the BOOK NOW button. If you want to stay for several nights, in the next step you can add more nights.
The red titled boxes describe the Stay & Explore packages for which you can also see prices in the booking wizard.
Do you have a favourite room, or need some help making a booking? Please contact us …especially if you are booking multiple rooms, telephone 9am-8pm: 0800 88 77 62.
Please note: when you book direct, you also accept our booking policies.
As a direct booking guest you have priority and can enjoy the following privileges:
- Priority over Online Travel Agent guests for your favourite room. Please make your request in the Comments window in the booking wizard (or by phone booking), and we’ll do our best to get it for you.
- Reduced rates on multiple night stays, by making a telephone booking or send us an email after making your on-line booking.
- Early check-in as soon as the room is available after housekeeping is completed (Online Travel Agent bookings check-in from 3pm.)
- Complimentary loan of pool towels from your arrival time – if you arrive early and your room is not ready, you may park in our carpark and enjoy a visit to the thermal pools in the meantime (they open at 10am).
- Reduced rates on thermal pool passes, and/or breakfast vouchers – as part of a “Build your own” package #7, or included using our on-line booking process, i.e. MUST be included at the time of booking.
- Late check-out of +30/60 minutes (by advance request please, and confirmed by us whenever possible). Up to 11.00am but sometimes to 10.30am depending on how many are requested and how many check-outs there are on that day. Request a late check-out at the time of booking, and we will confirm what is possible on the day of your arrival. (Online Travel Agent bookings check-out by 10.00am.)
- Direct bookings are guaranteed. Using Online Travel Agent booking sites regularly result in errors in the booking, or are simply confusing. Common issues include:
- booking for the wrong number of people costing more on arrival or having paid too much in the first place,
- difficulty to alter a booking, e.g. to arrive a day earlier or later, to extend a booking an extra night or to reduce the number of nights, to change the dates or cancel a booking,
- booking the wrong dates, getting a booking collision whereby the same room is booked at the same time on different Online Travel Agent websites resulting in confirmed double booking until the error is identified and the later booking being cancelled,
- when you phone us you you are talking with our own staff for any questions about the booking (calling an Online Travel Agent for support typically takes waiting in a phone queue to a toll number and giving up after 20 minutes, or being answered by an overseas call-centre with limited responsibility)
- Online Travel Agent websites’ room descriptions and facilities lists can differ from reality, because they use standard descriptions for rooms, regardless of variation from the actual room facilities and room type, so that their description can be translated to 80+ languages.
Back to top
Booking policies. Please note, by booking with us you accept the following booking policies:
- Tussock Peak has a 72hr cancellation policy. If you cancel within 72 hours (3 days) of your expected arrival date, a cancellation fee of your full booking will be charged to your credit card. During periods of peak demand, e.g. public and school holidays, special events, etc., the cancellation period is 7-days.
- We may charge your card during the cancellation period. If the card you provide for security is declined we will endeavour to contact you, and may cancel your booking if no contact is possible. It is your responsibility to provide a mobile phone number we can access, and an email address you will monitor during your holiday.
- All areas of Tussock Peak Motor Lodge are no-smoking and no-vaping. The nearest area where smoking is permitted is the grassed area on Leamington Street where we have provided a nice bench to sit on, with a bin for your butts, just to the side of the motel.
- A room deemed non-rentable due to damage, smoking, vaping or cooking odours will incur a minimum penalty of $300.
- Guests are liable for any electronic content downloaded or viewed by them during their stay.
- To secure your reservation a credit card is required as security. Full payment is required at check-in. We accept payment by Debit card, Credit card (Visa, MasterCard), or Bank transfer (in advance). Cheques are not accepted.