Enjoy the village and area around Hanmer Springs, there are many places to go for a walk or a bike ride:
- Try a cycle-car to get around and see the village, good for a laugh!
- Go for a walk in the bush or the heritage forest, take a short hike or ride your bike along the bike trails. Walks and bike routes are graded as easy, intermediate or advanced.
- Walk up Conical Hill or other forest and trail walks
- It’s a short drive to the carpark, then you can walk in the native bush and hear the bell-birds sing along the Waterfall Track
- A short drive can take you up to the high country, the St.James conservation area and the Molesworth Station (New Zealand’s largest farm station!). At the top of the pass you can park and then walk either up to Mount Isobel or to Mount Dumblane